Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Way With Women.

I've been single for a while now. Not counting, but a while. I imagine that when you hear most people say that, it's a complaint. Not from me, though.

The thing is, I have dreadful taste in women. They're mostly nice people (mostly), but put me in a relationship with them and they turn into mentalists. It could be a lot to do with how I meet them, in bars and at gigs. People thrown together by drink are destined to be combustible, I suppose. But really, it's my fault. If there's a woman in a room that can really mess me around, treat me like shit, and break my heart, I'll find her. Then I'll buy her a drink.

Woody Allen had a phrase for the kind of woman I go for: Kamikaze Women. Because they're not just self destructive, they take the man out with them.

There was a good one, once upon a time. I'm not naming names, but she's only one who gets away blame-free. It was all my fault, and I'm not crass enough to blame it on the booze. She was a special woman, and it'll take a special woman to replace her. Or a shitload of average ones.

So yes, I'm happily single. That's not to say I don't get lonely sometimes, but in the long run, it's for the best. If it's a toss-up between occasional loneliness and constant full-blown heartache, I'll take the former.

Chin up,


Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment